STEP 1: Obtaining a BUSINESS NUMBER

/
2 Comments
Obtaining a business number is the first step in the process to hiring a nanny.

When it came time to obtain a business number, I thought “hey, no big deal right?”…wrong! I was so confused looking at the form. There are entire sections that you don’t need to fill out since you’re not an incorporated business which I found quite confusing (Dear CRA: should you ever read my blog, I’d like to ask, have you ever considered making a special business number acquisition form for those seeking a caregiver? We would be ever so grateful). So as I went through this lengthy form trying to decipher what to do, I decided to call the CRA for some support and guess what?...they are super duper helpful! Every time I call them I consider what a great job they’ve done hiring fantastic people for their positions (maybe their hiring department wants to help me out in my nanny search ;-) Actually as luck would have it, my mom has many years experience in HR so when you get to the section of template interview guides that I’ve created, you can secretly thank her). So the representative on the phone walked me through the form and told me which sections I needed to fill out, which ones to leave blank, and which ones to simply write “nanny” on.  It ended up being really easy with his help (wish I had written his badge number down so I could give him a shout out).


You can file for a business number online in about 5 minutes or you can mail in a form…OR if you’re like me, you can first print off the form, fill it in, mail it in, and THEN discover that you can do it in 5 minutes online, go that route instead and call it a day.

Link to online business number registration, click HERE.


You may also like

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Awesome blog, very helpful. I got the link from a facebook page I belong to. You can now expect thousands of doctor mommies to start looking at your blog. Question: any chance you want to share the filled our screenshot of the filled out form (deidentified of course) so that the rest of us can benefit from your time on the phone with CRA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tuna,

      Thanks so much for your kind words. It always brings me such joy to hear that people have found the blog helpful. :-) You know I would be more than happy to share my form with everyone, but I actually didn't save it. This is somewhat of an anomaly for me as I typically file every document away, but I searched through all of my files for you this morning and I must have tossed it once I got my registration confirmation form in the mail. Sorry I couldn't be more help on this one, but always happy to share so if you come across anything else, feel free to ask, and thanks for sharing my blog with your doctor mommy networks!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

The 411 on Nanny&Me

I am SO excited to have my son, Logan, provided with the one-on-one care of a nanny in our home. The process of recruiting and keeping a nanny seems intimidating at times and there are so many things to think about and consider. The goal of my blog is to support, encourage and empower parents who are considering and pursuing the path of a nanny.

Nanny&Me provides free resources and information that will support you in finding, selecting, and keeping a great nanny. Nanny&Me will also share our family's journey on the road to building a strong and positive relationship with our nanny.

About Me

My photo
Hi! (not sure the exclamation mark was necessary, but I'm just excited to say hello). My name's Jenn. I am a passionate mom, non-profit executive, real estate hobbiest, and athlete. I'm an enthusiastic person with a growth mindset. I love learning and growing every day!